frustration | electra heart

Dress: Wet Seal
Belt: Charlotte Russe
Headband: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Ross
Earrings: gift

Today I had to get up and run to my store to give some keys to a coworker. Since I was going to be in that part of town anyway I figured I'd swing by the Social Security Office and finally get my married name documented. It's on a street with not much space for parking, so I had to circle the building a few times until I found one. Luckily I got a good spot up front, and I had a book with me just in case, because I've heard it can take forever to get helped there. I walked in and the security guard told me that I was in the right place, but the office closes at Noon on Wednesdays. Just Wednesdays....of course, the day I chose. I was a little disappointed, but it was fine, no big deal. I decided to just go to the DMV and get my driver's license changed next. I wasn't sure where it was exactly because I hadn't been there in years, so I called my mom to ask. She gave me general directions and I thought I could figure it out from there, plus use my iPhone maps. Bad idea. The map app is the most awful thing ever. It had no idea where I wanted to go apparently and I started to get so frustrated with it that I pulled into a parking lot to call my mom again. She gave me better directions and I tried again. Once I finally found it I was in the wrong lane and nobody would let me over...{hmm, typical Utah} so I had to turn around and go back. I was starting to get really annoyed because it was just a waste of gas to be driving up and down these streets and not getting anywhere. Finally I pulled in to the DMV and filled out an application, and luckily the wait time was very short. I walked up to the desk and the guy working asked me if I had my birth certificate and my Social Security card. Um, nope.
I thought all I needed was my marriage license...apparently the law changed 3 years ago.
I was so frustrated because I had driven in circles to get to these places and I felt like I was finally getting something done that I've been waiting to do for 2 1/2 months. It's truly not a big deal and I can always go back, I don't need it right away...I had just been putting it off and the day I decided to do it everything went wrong. I was so irritated that I had to find a way to chill out, since I was around town anyway I just did a little retail therapy. I bought a cute wooden "G" from Michael's so I can start a new craft project and some note cards for my pen pals. I just love writing and receiving letters! It's my favorite.
That definitely cheered me up, and everything was fine afterward, I just had a rough afternoon!


On Monday night Crystal, Jerrica and I went down to Salt Lake to see Marina & the Diamonds in concert. She's an adorable little British pop star who I heard of through Crystal and many of her songs actually play at my work. Her music is super fun and her voice is lovely, so I was glad to see she was coming to Utah!
We got all dolled up and fancy for the show, and stood at the top balcony {21 + section woo!}
I had a blast! She is great live, full of energy and very talented. We sang and danced and had a really good time.

If you haven't heard of her I definitely recommend checking her out. She is different and may not be for everyone, but I adore her!

1 comment:

Show some love <3