5/4/14

Dreams, Feathers and Kimonos

As of April 28th it's been officially a year since my grandma passed away. It's been a rough year without her, we all definitely needed to adjust. While it has gotten easier with time, it's still definitely still painful not having her here. Since the one year of her death I've been dreaming about her constantly. Some dreams will be about normal days with her still here, as if nothing had happened and some are about her still being so sick. The last few days of her life were miserable and I would never wish that type of death on anybody, so when I dream about her still being in that position I feel a little relieved waking up knowing she's free of pain. However when I dream about her still healthy, going out to dinner together or something simple I wake up heartbroken.
It's hard. I think since she's been on my mind so much lately my subconscious won't turn off those thoughts either.
I miss her every day but I think with every passing year I'll smile more knowing how much love she had for all of us, and all the memories I have of her.

Anyway
On to something a little less sad.

I got these earrings when I worked at Charlotte Russe, which was back in 2011. They've still been on the jewelry card since that day I brought them home. Yesterday was the first day I wore them ever.
The funny thing Is I've done this more than once....not the best habit to keep.
Also I'm obsessed with this kimono style shawl. So cute.

Shawl: Wet Seal
Shorts: Wet Seal
Sandals: Charlotte Russe
Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Forever 21
Rings: H&M and Icing
Sunnies: Wet Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3