2/27/13

Overwhelmed.

I know I haven't updated since my post about my decision to get married, but things have been crazy. Since I made my choice I sat down with Taran and we decided to do this as soon as possible, and that meant this Friday.
March 1st we will be getting married.

I was unsure how everyone would react to the news, but my heart is filled with gratitude because everyone has been so supportive and understanding. The moment we chose the date, I was beginning to panic thinking we wouldn't be able to pull it off. Luckily I have some incredible people in my life who have gone out of there way to make sure this day happens.

My mom has taken most of this under her wing and helped me get Taran's ring, a dress, shoes, Taran's tie, and the actual ceremony.
My dad is paying for Taran and I to have a honeymoon suite in a hotel for Friday night.
My sweet future step-mother-in-law offered to make me a bouquet.
My amazing boss (who happens to be a photographer) has figured the entire schedule out so that I could have my day off and this Saturday as well. She is also going to take pictures of the whole thing.
My mom's best friend and basically her sister is letting me wear her headband she wore for her wedding and her mother's diamond from when she married her father.
Friends and family have taken the day off and swapped their schedules around so they could come.

It is literally going to be a five minute courthouse ceremony, but so many people have helped out and shown such love toward us that it is truly going to be a very special day and I can't wait.

I will be wearing teal shoes, Taran's tie is teal and I just got my nails done teal. In honor of my grandma's favorite color and it is also the ribbon color for Ovarian Cancer Awareness.

I'm not a big crier, I hate it actually, but it's been hard for me to hold back tears this past week because I've been so overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude. I am so thankful for everyone in my life and for my future family that I am gaining on Friday.

I can't wait to marry the man of my dreams, my best friend and my other half.

Thank you all for everything, I can't express how much all this means to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3