1/10/12

Growing Up

I can't believe it's actually 2012! Can you?
Picture taken inside of It's A Small World in Disneyland. I spent December 26th - January 1st in the magical kingdom with my best friend and her grandparents!

This past year just flew by, it's insane. I learned a lot, and have grown a lot. Some things were better than others, and I don't mind leaving them in the past. Yet as much as I could drown myself in regret and sorrow of certain matters, I'm going to let it make me stronger. Life is too short to wonder where things went wrong, just move forward and make yourself happy.
That being said, I'm going to set a few goals for myself. I guess you could call them 'resolutions' even though I'm not big on that...you should set goals constantly, not just the starting date of a new year. I want to grow up now. Not just because I'm engaged, but I am also going to be 23 years old this year. It's time to make some changes.



  1. I'm going to do a major cleaning of my room and get rid of a lot of junk. Mainly that is going to be clothing. I have a really difficult time parting ways with some items, but I need to just let it go. Whenever I try to do this I look at something for a long time and tell myself "no, you can find something cute to wear...just keep it, just in case". If it's something I've had over a year and only worn once or twice, it's GOING.
  2. When I get paid I'm going to start pulling about $20 out and putting it in savings. I'll probably do this in cash, because any money actually in my bank account could probably get spent. That way if I need it for an emergency or if I want to save up for something, I'll have it.
  3. I need to really look into getting my teeth fixed. I will not walk down the aisle until they are done. Period.
  4. I'm also going to apply and get a credit card. I have ok credit but I want to build it up and have it be good. That way when the time comes to buy a house or something, I'll be prepared.
  5. Each week or two I think I'm going to try a new recipe or teach myself to make something. I had a moment where I realized my poor future husband will be living on Ramen noodles because I can't cook a darn thing! I need to learn, not only for him but for myself as well. I'll look up a recipe and try to do it, and if I fail I will just try again!
I think that's a good start for my life, since I've spent most of it being so co-dependent. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the way my mother raised me, but if you asked me to clean a toilet I wouldn't know where to start.
This is a good start towards growing up and having more independence! I want to be a good wife to Taran and I want to make myself proud.

Sounds good to me! :)


{PS I'll post pictures of my vacation soon!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3