4/23/14

Easter Weekend

I'm a little late posting since it's already Wednesday, but hey better late than never right?
On Friday night my mom and I went to a local high school to watch my little brother's "After School Program Extravaganza". Everyday after school he goes to this program where they do activities for all the kids. It's pretty great because it's easier than him going to a babysitter. A few of the other elementary schools in the district were planning a movie themed program where they each choose a film and dance to the music from it. Gentry's school did Grease and it was absolutely adorable.
The kids were all so cute, you can tell they were having a blast up on stage.
I was so proud of Gentry, he looked so handsome in his white greaser tee with his hair slicked back. My mom said he had been practicing the hand jive for weeks, and he was awesome!

My cousin's husband was at the show as well and got this awesome shot of little G-man. Isn't he so handsome?
Mom and I waiting for the show to start.
Easter Sunday was nice, it is the second Easter that Taran and I have spent together as a married couple. I put together his basket really quickly because I'm one of those huge last minute shoppers, but it still turned out great. He got mine the same night because he is also a last minute shopper. We both got each other Disney movies which is adorable. After exchanging baskets we watched Frozen and ate chocolate for breakfast because we're adults.
Later that day we went over to a friends house for dinner. I made my first attempt at cake pops which made us pretty late to the dinner party, lesson learned: don't bake something for other people unless you know 100% what you're doing. My cake pops ended up way too moist and wouldn't stay on the stick to dip in frosting, and the frosting made a huge mess. I mean, they tasted fine but they weren't pretty. I decided to just leave them home for us and try again another time. Trial and error. I'll do better next time.



We had a great time spending Easter with friends, Taran and I even helped with the Easter egg hunt for the kids.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that Sunday was also Stella's 4th birthday. Yes I put a candle on a treat for her, what else would I do?


AND Sunday was also the day we adopted Mila one year ago. (Look how much she's changed!)
We sure love our goofy little fur kids. So grateful we have them in our lives to keep us happy and entertained.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3