5/10/11

Errybody errywhere and my mom

Top/Jeans: Wet Seal | Jacket: Rue 21 | Belt: Charlotte Russe | Shoes: Forever Young Shoes

Florals | Everybody, Everywear
Would you believe me if I told you that I wore this jacket on purpose because of today's Everybody, Everywhere challenge? Well I didn't, it was just fate I guess!

Last night I was finishing up my blog reading and was just about to start my own post when - ZAP! The power went out! Mom was gone so I was alone with the boys and our house was pitch black. I had to use my phone to get up in the cupboard and find some candles. The power stayed out for about an hour and after Quade went to bed Gentry and I just sat at the table eating Cheez Its and drawing/doodling. It's kinda funny how lost we are without little things like light huh? I actually enjoyed sitting there with little G just drawing and not watching TV or playing video games. But I really don't think I could live without electricity! Ever!



Anyway, my post that I didn't get a chance to finish was about my amazing mama.
This woman is seriously my best friend in the whole wide world. She's been there for me when I've felt like no one else would be. She is so undoubtedly strong and intelligent. Everybody loves her within just a few minutes of meeting her, and her laugh is infectious! Throughout the years she's struggled just so that her children's happiness could come first, and she's made it through some hard times. She has a wonderful sense of humor, she can talk to anyone about anything, she has integrity, compassion, and all around motherly love. She is a friend and the greatest mother a girl could ask for.
She taught me to love myself, laugh at myself and to never judge too quickly or harshly. She showed me how to be a good friend, how to treat people and how to treat myself.
I haven't always appreciated her, and I've definitely had my fair share of fights with her. But despite all our screaming, shouting and the "you're so not fair!"s I've learned that everything she did was out of her own good intentions for me. I may have hated her, and her decisions but now that I'm older I'm glad she was the way she was with me.
I like myself, I like the woman I've grown up to be and continue to be and for that I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

Happy Mother's day mommy, you are everything a mother should be and more!

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't ask for a better tribute than this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! That belt is to die for!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Show some love <3