1/6/11

Domesti-cat

I'm starting today off on the right foot, and it feels good. Therefore I think it's something that I'm going to push myself towards everyday.

I woke up at 8:00, which is a lot different than the usual 1:00 or 2:00 that I've grown accustom to. I  made myself a cup of coffee and made Gentry a cup of hot cocoa.
While I drank my coffee I browsed Tumblr and Facebook for a bit and then I forced myself to get off. {This is a task deemed impossible most days, because, as you may have noticed I am a lazy bum!} Gentry and I put on some music and cleaned the kitchen for my mom, he used his mini vacuum that Santa brought him to help out.

After that I decided to teach myself to cook an omelet and I feel very accomplished!
And I'll say, I did a pretty good job! Considering I am the worst egg-cracker in the world! For some reason I can't ever get it right. I must have done something right though, because Gentry wanted me to make him one too! I'm proud.
I know what you're thinking..."come on Bryana, and omelet? Really? You feel proud of that?" but if you know me at all, then you know that I am a spoiled brat! I always have been, and it's led me to not know how to take care of myself unless it's a box of Mac N' Cheese. Now that I'm going to be 22 this year, I've decided to try and become a bit more domestic. For me, and so Taran won't endure his poor wife cooking only Macaroni noodles or toast.
{He told me a few weeks ago that we would learn to do these types of things together, for example: find a recipe online and learn to cook it together. So far so good, because one night we taught ourselves how to make homemade Mac N' Cheese, just like the kind they make at Noodles & Co. I was proud! We did a good job.}

So in an attempt to actually grow up a bit, I'm going to start pushing myself to do these things. Because I do want to be a better person who isn't so dependent. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything my mom does for me, but it's about time for me to start doing certain things on my own.
Because I'll be a cute wifey someday, and Taran will be an equally cute hubby. :)



Now...I've let you all in on my morning and the fact that it's something small, but something that made me happy.
So it's only 11:30 and I have the rest of the day. I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3