11/22/10

Winter, Rants and Jobs



Can I just take a moment to tell you all how much I despise winter?? I HATE IT!! I know, I know...I've lived in Utah my whole life I should just get over it or move; trust me if I could right now I would.
But as for now I will whine and complain about how dreadful the winter season is. First of all, its freezing...and my body does not handle the cold very well. It takes me forever to get warm, and I hate sweaters.
I would much rather wear some shorts and play out in the sunshine, then bundle up and deal with a runny nose and not being able to feel my feet.

Also, I hate driving in the snow immensely, especially when I have to not only worry about the roads but the other people driving around me. I won't speed in the snow, and that apparently pisses Utah drivers off causing them to speed up and pass me/cut me off. It's ridiculous! Why can't we all just drive calmly and get to our destination without attempting to run one another off the road to a slippery icy death?!?
{That was a bit dramatic, but I feel it was needed.}
And last but not least -- Winter in Utah goes on, and on and on and on {and on and on...} I feel like once it starts to warm up in about May or June it's so short lived. Summer ends and fall comes, which I don't mind because I adore fall, but once the leaves start to change color people start freaking out about Christmas!! Don't get me wrong, I do like Christmas...I don't love it, but I don't mind it. Mostly my declining interest is due to working retail for the past 3 1/2 years and seeing that people turn exceptionally nasty during this season. I feel like we can't even enjoy Halloween because they set up the Christmas trees around the corner in every store!
Basically what I'm trying to say is...I like Christmas, but I miss the way I felt about it when I was little...when money wasn't the huge priority, when I could write a list and assume it was going to Santa, when I didn't have to worry about customers screaming at me because of things out of my control.

That's where I'll leave my Winter rant. Maybe this year I'll suck it up and try snowboarding, or go ice skating. And maybe Taran and I will make a gingerbread house and maybe I'll get some cute sweaters and gloves...


In other news...I put in my two weeks notice at my job. It was pretty sudden, and I probably should have waited until I had another one or at least until I saved money. Truthfully though, if I hadn't done it then I would have put it off again and again. I feel like it's my time to leave, to move on and find a place that makes me feel better. Because...well, when you leave work every day with a huge knot of anxiety in your throat then maybe it's a sign that you need to better yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love <3